Monday 6 August 2012

twins can be tricky

lately i have been wanting a twin. normally it's vomit to think of another me-me, i have enough to deal with in myself, and then the concept of the twin as whipping boy/girl came at me in headachy white light. my twin can experience all the horrible things that the real world subjects my body to on a daily basis and in return she can sleep under the stairs. she has to wear a bracelet of red string that signifies Not The Real One.  all day long i have mistaken the date which is the sixth for the ninth. what can this mean.


the cholmondeley ladies c. 1600-1610

i escaped from (and by escape i mean the only way out is through) an arduous work week of little food and even less sleep. my mood is labile and my eyes lazy and i did eat my weight in garlic mashed potato at the end of the week, victory of failure who can say. i acquired a vinyl record from the small packed vinyl record store that is sweltering hot and is covered in vines and is manned by the bony proprietor who never takes his eyes off of barbara stanwyck on the old tv. the record was an assortment of 'songs for the winter solstice'. and is covered in illustrations of wylde men and hobbye horses and krampus types.
my business cards which are more like calling cards arrived because at heart i am an independent researcher by trade. i snatched up some pepperminty black black lipstick for silent film type days and am thinking my fall project will be handpainting some boots. some dr. martens. in a william morris style, but bats and snakes and blackberry brambles. the fact that i can't paint in such a manner 
as needed 
by this project 
may lead 
to tears.




2 comments: